Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Is Mary Poppins Out There?

Look at those cheeks!

I am still amazed at how fast the house gets turned upside down and completely messy now that John is here.  It looks like a tornado went through our home.  Thankfully, Aunt Pau came by tonight and is holding John while I speed-clean and waste time updating the blog.  

Poor John had a tough day today.  He cried every time he had a BM.  Obviously not a great sign considering the hernia.  He wanted to be held most of the day as a result.  Maybe he will have a better night.  However, I am not hopeful.  I just realized that the reason he has been waking up more frequently (usually screaming) could be because of the hernia too.

We did, however, have some fun times with tummy time and just playing.  During tummy time, John would cry and get restless unless he could push off my hand.  So, it almost looked like he was crawling.  The puppies were intrigued by this new "moving" John.  Tummy time always tires him out, and he slept for a little while in his bassinet.

On the funny side, John's bath yesterday ended a little quick and in the sink.  He thought it was funny to go in his tub.  Boys! 

We are a little concerned about what the surgeon will tell us and the surgery.  We know that this is quite a common surgery.  But to us it's not.  It's disconcerting to think of him going to surgery under general anesthesia.  He is so little.

Tomorrow morning John may meet some of his honorary grandmothers from the ladies church group.  But it will depend on how well he is doing.  I am excited about introducing him to them.  We are so blessed that he is so loved by so many people.  He is lucky to have so many honorary grandparents to spoil him.

Startled John.

5 comments:

Ticia said...

I don't know if this helps at all, but Peter did have hernia surgery this fall. For 3 year olds it's outpatient surgery, and he was fine. The only problem he had was a common side effect to the anesthia, apparently a lot kids coming out of it get really angry and spend a good bit of time crying and not knowing how to cope.
Other than that, by the next day he was ready to play again.

I know it's different because John is so little, but I figure it helps to hear from someone else who's gone through the surgery.

Abuelita said...

Que hermoso esta mi bebe

Bubeaner said...

Thanks Ticia! It's helpful. I know it's a fairly common surgery.... it's just disconcerting considering how little he is still.

Hester 5 said...

He is SO stinkin cute!!!! I love him and I have never even met him!

Anonymous said...

Que bonito nino y que Dios se lo siga conservando de felicidad. la paguina esta muy bonita me gusto asi nos vamos enterando poco a poco de la vida del pequeno Juan.

saludos y que esten bien.

Capi y Chaparrita