My boys sleeping.

Cuddling time with Daddy after eating.

He went back to waking up every 3 hours for feeding. It's harder to wake up now that I am used to sleeping 4 - 5 hours between feedings. It's amazing how much difference and hour makes.
We had an unplanned visit to the pediatrician this morning. I had noticed something looked different in the last few days when I changed his diaper. It appears John has an inguinal hernia. They are fairly common and even more common in premature babies. (I am really getting tired of hearing that phrase.) It will need surgery. Leaving it alone can lead to the intestines getting caught in the inguinal canal and losing its blood supply. We have an appointment with the surgeon this week. Thankfully, Matt will be done with his heavy work load by then.
As to John, he doesn't appear to even notice there is anything wrong. He continues to smile and coo. He is doing quite well in pushing off with his legs. Bathing him is a little more challenging now though even more fun. John's still not as strong in his arms, but he does push off from the shoulder almost every time. He prefers to look around. He is getting better every day about controlling his head movements. The reflux, though not gone, appears to be improving slightly every day.
1 comment:
I had a friend who's little boy had some issues with his belly button. Our pedi (we use the same one) put silver nitrate on it and it made it better. Hope the surgery isn't too invasive.
Post a Comment