This one is for Grandma Ellen.
John tired.
I was desperate enough that John and I almost flew to ELP for some help from the grandmothers. But before that I tried a home remedy my aunts and great aunts had used: atole de arroz (drink made from rice flour and water). I do not know if it was coincidence or it actually worked. All I know is that John started acting like he was feeling better. And at night, he slept 3.5 and then 4.5 hours between feedings! And today he was so much better too.
Even if it was just a fluke, it gave me enough resting time to reach the weekend. Matt is able to help out a little more since he doesn't go into work Saturday and Sunday.
John finally asleep.
Of course, this has convinced me that my parents are worthy of sainthood. I was like that for the entire first month of life. I am still not sure how they survived.
We have also decided that we are bathing John every night. He appears to sleep better those nights. The books we have been reading all recommended only bathing 2-3 times a week. But even we feel and rest better when we take a relaxing shower or bath at night.
He is actually calms down during the bath.
I took John to get weighed today. He is now an amazing 8 pounds 6 ounces and measures 21.25 inches! It's quite a way from the 3 lbs 13 oz and 17.75 inches at birth.
John is so long now.
While we were out, John and I ventured out to buy larger receiving blankets. The lady at checkout asked me how old John was... and I actually had to think about it! Before pregnancy we counted on cycle days, days to ER, days to ET. During the pregnancy we started counting by days after week 5 when we were told it was inevitable that we would miscarry. And during our 8 week NICU stint, we counted every day that would get us closer to our original due date. I had the answer (both chronological and adjusted) ready. Now, I guess we moved from worrying and counting to just parenting. By the way John is 12 weeks old today; I had to look it up. Next Saturday, he will be 3 months old!
BONUS PICTURE
Bevo decided to sleep on all three beds.
I had stacked them while the floors were being cleaned.
2 comments:
Hey girl, love that last picture of you and John.
He! He! He! It's actually Aunt Pau with John. But we have been told we look a lot alike. =)
Post a Comment