Another week is halfway over. The Christmas decorations are finally stored in their boxes. I like to make sure everything is properly put away ready for next year. I just underestimated how long it would take now that John is here. But now everything is waiting to be put up in the attic. It may not happen until this weekend since it's earnings time, and Matt's pretty busy.
Thankfully, John has been sleeping better. He has consistently feed every 4 hours at night with minimal fussiness between feedings. And I have taken to heart a valuable lesson: as soon as John closes his eyes at night, I am in bed going to sleep too. There is no more cleaning, or doing just one more thing. It's lights out. This is also the reason why I had not blogged. I'll just have to make time for it earlier in the day.
John's reflux has also improved slightly. It's back to when he came home. The doctor increased his Axid dose. We are not sure this is working. But he did take him off the PolyViSol (oral vitamins). It smells horrid, stains everything, tastes horrible and upsets John's stomach. John still needs the iron supplement. We just have to make sure to continue to fortify at least 2 bottles a day of EBM. In the end, it just matters that he is doing better.
John continues to smile and coo. He is getting pretty good about controlling his head movements better. And he is getting huge! He is getting weighed again on Friday. I can't wait to see how big he's gotten.
Quiet moment with John

2 comments:
Glad to hear you have put blogging and cleaning on the backburner and traded them for sleep. I would imagine this is hard for you. Or maybe not. You perspective is a good and healthy one, either way. Good to hear John is doing well. If it makes you feel better, my decorations are still in boxes not yet in teh attic too. :)
God bless,
Alan
It's pretty hard. =( But then again, sleep is so wonderful. =)
Post a Comment