Thankfully, he still slept 5.5 hours last night. We were concerned he was going to keep the feeding pattern up during the night. This morning he appears to have gone back to his regular routine. YAY!
John and I took a little trip to Denton today. We picked Matt up from work and headed to the county court house to apply for his 1st passport. It was also the first time going through a metal detector with John and his stroller. It was interesting. It highlighted how different our lives are now... and how much more fun it will be to go through airport security.
As to the actual passport picture process, I was not too worried. John almost poses for his pictures at home. He looks directly at the camera; he loves the camera. See where this is going? John cried during almost the entire process. Finally we were able to get one semi-decent picture. We were lucky to have a nice and patient lady helping us. We can't imagine how much more difficult this would have been with a sourly person.
Random Story:
These are pictures from the day we went to see the surgeon. On the way back we stopped at a restaurant to eat. (We waited for the doctor for 2.5 hours after our appointment before seeing her and were starving.) Thankfully, the restaurant was empty and we got our food right away. Before we left John needed to be changed. (Note to self: carry Clorox wipes. I used almost all my hand sanitizer cleaning the changing table.) In the end I ended up changing his outfits twice. Once, I was not fast enough in putting the diaper on and the second time he threw up on himself. John thought it was hilarious! He was giggling. John is teaching me that it's much more fun to just laugh when things are going wrong. It was quite amusing.
John after his last change.
(Don't worry I was a lot closer than the picture appears.)
A close up of the diapers and dirty clothes.
Now I know why I have that John emergency box in the car.
(Lucia, that was a great idea!)
1 comment:
Let me just tell you that airport security isn't too terrible. You have to take him out of the stroller and put the stroller onto the belt thingy. You have to hold baby and walk through the medal detector altogether. We always took a carseat for Rachel and it has to go through the xray machine too. If it doesn't fit, they wand it. The tricky part was after she started eating baby food and not being able to take liquids....
Post a Comment