For Grandma Ellen:
John yawning.
John went back for his 4-week post-op surgical appointment today. The doctor declared everything OK. I am jealous of John's incisions. I doubt his scars will be noticeable at all. I did mention to the surgeon John's current issue. After a quick examination, he determined it was not a dietary issue but a small fissure. Treatment: soaking bath in luke-warm water 3 times a day and apply Neosporin to affected area after each diaper change. And I no longer needed to follow a restrictive diet. WooHoo!
Of course, we also had a previously scheduled appointment with John's pediatrician for later that afternoon to discuss why diet changes were not working. I decided to keep the appointment anyways. After discussing what the surgeon said and confirming that it was, in fact, blood (No surprise on my part since I do not require a medical degree to figure out what is and is not blood) we got a new diagnosis. Pediatrician said not fissure but protein allergy. Treatment: Continue avoiding diary products (but can resume eating everything else) and changed the formula we use to fortify my breastmilk.
We are not exactly sure who is right. So, we are going to follow the advice from both doctors and pray that whatever is wrong will clear up. Poor little munchkin has had way too many things going on and deserves a little break.
Future pyromaniac?
He was fascinated by the candle's flame.
We did learn during our visits that John is now 11 lbs 4 oz! He is getting so big. In fact, he outgrew his first 3-month outfit this past weekend. I am afraid we'll blink and he'll be going off to college.
Although for now, the next step will be transitioning to his crib and nursery. This might prove to be a little challenging. For some reason, John can self-soothe in his swing and bouncy chair but not in his bassinet. He will startle himself and then won't go back to sleep. It might be because he has not slept in it since he first came home. To help with the transition, John is currently taking his naps in the bassinet. Hopefully, he will learn to sleep without waking himself up.
Today was also the last day of the baptism preparation classes. YAY! Tomorrow I am going to the church office to schedule John's baptism. WOOHOO!
2 comments:
YEAH! I look forward to pictures of the baptism. And I pray that the diet and other changes will solve the problem.
Great pictures Ruth...I enjoy reading your updates and keep you in my prayers. HOpe to see you very soon!
Love,
Jessica
Post a Comment