Saturday, February 28, 2009

Saturday Show & Tell

Today's blog may mainly be of photographs since Matt and I are pretty exhausted.

John went on his first official visit to Sally Beauty on Friday.  We were able to see many of the wonderful people who have been praying for John.  Unfortunately, it was right after his lunch so he was sleepy.

In front of an old Sally Beauty sign.

There are multiple areas throughout the building
showcasing beauty products throughout the ages.  
This one is a recreation of a barber shop.

The chair was not too uncomfortable.

John towards the end of the visit.
He was exhausted.

Like I mentioned earlier, we are trying to transition John to the crib/bassinet.  He is spending more time in the bassinet, but he is still refusing to take long naps in there.  I am now going back to bundling him.  (Thanks Ticia for the blanket; it's the only one that still works on him.  I went out and bought fabric to make more.)  It's helping a little.  Mainly, I usually find him awake studying the "artwork" or the toys.  But at least, he is spending time there.  It's a definite improvement hopefully marking an decrease in his reflux.

John figuring out RN Lisa's artwork.
Yes, I still have it even though he was discharged 
from the NICU 11 weeks ago.
(We do have other new ones we have created since then.)

Now to our Show & Tell part of today's post:  A montage of John's sleeping habits.

Does he not look adorable sleeping?  Oh, the sleep of the innocent.

What I don't understand is how he can possibly be comfortable in this position.  He would go back to this position no matter how many times I would straighten him out.  He actually took a long afternoon nap like this.

I actually had to wake him up.  He was missing his mid-afternoon feeding.  And John does NOT like to eat late even if it is because he was sleeping.  It still took us a few minutes to wake him up.

A now awake John eating his hand.  He was feeling the hunger.  He started crying right after this picture was taken.

12 comments:

Kristin said...

He is absolutely gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

He is stunning! Thanks for sharing those beautiful sleeping baby photos.

..al said...

John is handsome...his pictures have turned out beautifully and yes, you are correct...it did look pretty uncomfortable the way he was sleeping...

Anonymous said...

What a cutie!

Queenie. . . said...

So cute! Thanks for sharing the photos.

Arian said...

What an adorable sleeper! That was one very cool chair too!

battynurse said...

What a cutie pie! Thanks for sharing.

Cara said...

He is just precious. Those moments (and pictures) of him resting so comfortably on you will be fab in the coming years!!1

The Steadfast Warrior said...

What adorable pictures! Definite;y a cutie! It does always amaze me to see what strange positions babies can get themselves into. My friend's daughter was the same.

Beautiful Mess said...

What adorable pictures! My favorite one is the last one. The look on his face is priceless! Thank you for sharing your beautiful little guy.

Ticia said...

As the year continue you'll be amazed the positions they sleep in. I've got a great shot of Peter asleep laying half on the bed and half off, almost like he fell asleep standing up and just flopped over on the bed.

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

He is beautiful. Must be very tiring to go on a field trip!