John did not take his longer naps yesterday during the day. He only slept about 15 minutes from 3p - 9p while I updated the blog. And then he had his first full bath since the surgery last night. John really enjoyed soaking in the water. I wanted to make sure that all the grime and stink from the previous week came off. Don't get me wrong we had been giving him sponge baths but somehow it did not feel like he was truly clean.
In any case, John slept for almost 6 hours straight! We are not sure how long he would have gone because we woke him up to eat. At that point Matt and I were waking up every 10-15 minutes to make sure he was OK (i.e. still breathing). So, it just seemed like the best option. Oh, how Matt and I have missed the nighttime bath routine. Since the surgery (and no baths), John was only sleeping 3 hours between feedings at night.
Right now, he is taking his midmorning nap listening to Sinatra. He loves music. We haven't found any genre he dislikes. I did make a funny musical discovery the other day. John will calm down even if he is crying if you sing Cielito Lindo. I sang it one day because his crying reminded me of the "ay, ay, ay, ay" and then the "canta y no llores" seemed appropriate. It works like a charm every time. He had not heard it before, not even in utero. In fact, I had to look up the remainder of the lyrics because I couldn't remember them. But it's a good thing to know.
Hysterical crying in his "Hamburglar" outfit.
Maybe that was why he was crying.
John was done with play time.
John napping
John break. The baby is awake.
2 comments:
YEAH! 6 hours is so nice. I remember doing the same thing both times, the "is he/she still breathing?" check. I used to do that to Jeff also when I'd had a nightmare. He didn't appreciate it.
I didn't know the name to that song, and now I've got it stuck in my head. Or at least the 5 words I know.....
You all are doing great! I used to just leave our baby monitor on at a high enough volume that I could hear the breathing but still fall asleep. I would wake up, hear the breathing (Sometimes would have to lean closer if she was not in some state of snoring - she did go over two years with tubes in her ears), then roll over and go back to sleep.
Just curious, are you trying a vibrating chair or swing? Those were very handy to get Danielle to be calm or take short naps.
Post a Comment