As luck would have it, Matt came down with a sore throat and fever yesterday. (Yeah, we are that lucky!) Off to see Dr. A Matt went this morning. The swab performed at the doctor's office was negative. YAY! But, unfortunately, there is a 50% error rate on those tests (interesting how in previous years they failed to mention that). But because of his symptoms and close proximity to a confirmed case Dr. A took the conservative approach recommended by the CDC. He is currently in Tamiwonderflu and is quarantined from both work and us. He is currently living in the opposite end of the house as us until he is both (a) symptom free for 24 hours and (b) until the more reliable DNA test comes back negative from the CDC. The test should be back by Tuesday.
Bubeaner with Daddy this past weekend
BEFORE he got sick.
And to be on the safe side, I was placed on Tamiwonderflu (sense the sarcasm?) also. Not only does it give you nausea reminiscent of my all-day pregnancy nausea but I can't nurse Bubeaner! That was quite a hard pill to swallow. I had a pity-party of one for about an hour, but then resolved that I will go back to pumping until the time (10 days) when I can nurse him again. So far Bubeaner has taken well to the bottle and formula. And on the bright side, we will find out for sure if he does indeed have a protein allergy now that he will only be on formula.
Assuming that Bubeaner and I do not become symptomatic and that Matt's test is NEGATIVE on Tuesday (Pray! Pray! Pray!), per the doctor there is NO reason we cannot proceed with the baptism as scheduled. We'll update everyone on the plans when the tests come in.
Bubeaner covering his face & going to sleep.
We had been playing and he just got too tired & decided it was nap time.
For now please pray for Miss Debbie's health, that Matt does not have H 1 N 1 or any other flu, and that Bubeaner and I do not catch whatever it is that Matt has or anything else going around. ANY respiratory illness is a HUGE deal for a little one. So please keep our precious Bubeaner in your prayers.
And before I finally head off to sleep, thank you for remembering Uncle Dave in your prayers. The procedure went well and all indications are that everything is headed in the right direction. Please continue to keep him and his family in your prayers as he recovers.
1 comment:
Oh my goodness Ruth! We'll be praying everyone is healthy.
Post a Comment