Just love these beautiful brown eyes...
even if they cry all day
He will immediately be OK as soon as I pick him up, which I try not to do too much, or get close, touch him and make eye contact. This is reassuring in the sense that it's probably not pain. But it also means a crying Bubeaner because I can't possibly pay him that much attention... if I want to also eat, clean, and bathe. So lately it means that the Bubeaner cries A LOT!
Hi, Mr. Bear.
Just wait until I figure out how to get to you.
The puppies do not approve and blame the mommy. Sandy, the cocker spaniel, stands guard right next to Bubeaner pointing in my direction while Bevo, the beagle, paces between me and Bubeaner and ends up sitting next to him. It's actually an adorable sight, except for the fact that Bubeaner is crying and not happy. Aunt Pau made the observation that his behavior has been different (more needy) since his baptism when he had a house full of attentive relatives. Can 4 days really cause that much disarray?
Mmm, nothing like plastic in the mouth
And staying with the crying theme, Bubeaner also cries as soon as his feet touch the bath water and until we finish his bath. We can't think of any "scary" scenario that may have led to his new found fear of the bath. We know that this can also be a normal fear, although it's usually at a little later stage in most children. In any case, it currently means that the Bubeaner is not being bathed every night. We read about some tricks to try to "reassure" him that we will be trying.
Not sure why he loves to chew on this.
Bubeaner finally caught one of Sandy's long ears this morning. Thankfully, she reacted as I had hoped. She huffed and tried to pull away. When she realized the little Bubeaner hand would not let go, she just gave up and sat next to the bouncy chair. Bubeaner eventually let her go. Bubeaner has also gotten pretty close several times to grabbing Bevo's long tail. Hopefully, Bevo will also react in a similar manner. But we are still careful.
2 comments:
Yes, 4 days can... It's crazy that way, really it is. It will then take a couple weeks to get back to normal. Sigh, we're still trying to get there.
I don't know of any tricks for the bathtub but I don't bathe Lauren everyday. I never bathed Rachel everyday either. I still don't....Rachel is Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Lauren is Monday, Wednesday, Friday. Unless, of course, there is a need for some extra cleansing! =)
Post a Comment