Thursday, April 2, 2009

Doctors and More Doctors

We spent a busy day at the doctors' with the boys.  Matt had his epidural steroid shot today.  He was actually feeling really well right after because of the local anesthetic used.  Unfortunately, as the doctor warned, he is pretty sore right now.  But we are hopeful we will see results in a couple of weeks when Matt will start his physical therapy.

At the same time this morning, John saw his cardiologist, Dr. H.  It appears that he does not have a PDA, but a PFO.  As I understand it, the difference is that with the first one the whole is between the arteries where in the PFO it is between the atrium cavities.  Dr. H does not appear concerned.  She expects for it to close on it's own by John's first birthday.  She was actually more intrigued by my brother's death.  But so far everyone has reassured us that it's quite unlikely that John would have the same problem.

Uncle Jeff was sweet enough to bring AND prepare dinner for us tonight.  He was also able to help with John's bath time.  And John showed off his new tricks for him.  

John was in bed and asleep by 8 tonight.  We have been working on changing his feeding routine in order to allow for an earlier bedtime.  For some reason, I thought it would be better to delay his 6 pm feeding until 730 pm.  Yeah, that was not the wisest decision I
 have made.  He screamed his displeasure both nights.  Then I had a moment of clarity.  We are going to keep his 6 pm feeding time and then "top him off" at 730-8 pm.  DUH!  We will see how he does with this new routine.

Waiting for the doctor....

Still waiting....  
Poor little John only had a diaper, blanket & lovey to keep warm.
The AC was on and quite cold.

Naked John now weighs a hefty 12 lbs (5.48 kgs) compared to his 3 lbs 13 oz (1700+ gms) from birth.  He now spends 15 minutes a day in his bumbo as well as his normal tummy time.  John has definitely gotten the hang of grabbing and swatting at things.

An absolutely adorable John not pleased with Mommy.

Before I forget, we have rescheduled John's baptism for May 9th.  We are pretty excited.  Originally, I was going to get the baptism gown made from my wedding dress, but I don't believe that will end up happening.  So, off to look for an outfit.

1 comment:

Ticia said...

That does look fun. I'll have to look into it more to see if they need another year or two, or if it's a doable activity now.