Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Growing and Growing

Oh, the peace and quiet of a clean home and a sleeping child!

Bubeaner is really taking to the new schedule.  And, much to our delight, he continues to sleep through the night.  We are also getting better at not checking on him too often.  

Doesn't he look adorable?
Today was a little more trying so he was ready for the pre-bed cuddling time.  He got his blood drawn for some lab work.  I know it was my imagination, but the needle looked HUGE.  And do they really need to take that much blood?  It was almost a full vial!  However, I am grateful that the phlebotomist was amazing.  She was in and out faster than it took me to get him out of the stroller.  And as a consolation prize (since I can't offer ice cream or chocolate), we visited the NICU.  The nurses loved seeing John again, and John enjoyed cuddling with his favorite nurse, Tammie.

Last weekend we bought John a jumperoo.  He now loves sitting up and reaching for things.  The trick was finding one in which he would fit without falling out.  This is a common problem we are encountering.  He is developmentally closer to his chronological age, but he is still closer to his adjusted age in physical stature (i.e. he is little).  He absolutely loves it!  At first he just sat there not knowing what to do.  But after one day, he got the hang of it.  John appears to especially like the new toys at his reach.  An interesting development from it, is that he now splashes even more during bath times.  

"Not sure what I am supposed to do.  
I will just look innocent."

Getting the hang of it.
(I think he looks like me in this one.)

"Mmm, I wonder how this little thing would taste?"

And Monday evening, John turned Aunt Pau to putty; he actually reached for her when she went to pick him up.  It was not a fluke because he did the same thing to me yesterday morning!  Isn't it amazing how "little" things just melt your heart?

Uncle Gary and Aunt AA visited on Sunday.  It had been a while since they'd had their Bubeaner fix due to the DC and ELP trips.  John enjoyed showing off for them and then proceeded to take a nap on Aunt AA.  They also brought John a very special gift following family tradition: a silver cup (for our little prince) from, of course, Haltom's.

Not sure if you can see the engraving

Cuddling with Aunt AA

Chillin' with Uncle Gary

P.S. And thankfully other than a little sore hip, there are no other consequences from my fall yesterday.  WooHoo!

No comments: