Monday, August 14, 2017

The Blessing of Time Gone By

Time sometimes feels an enemy drifting by way too fast, speeding by, despite our best efforts to hold on to it. Yet, sometimes, it's our best gift.

Logging into this account for the first time after several years has been enlightening. There was an entry I never published. Full of angst and fear, I raved and ranted about situations we faced and needed to address. Life altering decisions. Road-not-take decisions. The entry was more a prayer seeking answers, a cry for help. It was also clear how lonely the situation felt.

Years in the future, those prayers were answered. I shake my head thinking how desperate I sounded not because they were trivial matters, but because those prayers were CLEARLY answered. Then, taking a look at the earliest posts - the post partum posts, the NICU posts - I am reminded our prayers are ALWAYS answered. It may not be in the way we wish, in a time of our choosing, but they are always answered.

So today, I am grateful for the reminder of answered prayers.

So many answered prayers in this picture.

No comments: