Today we received the horrible news that Bevo had been put to sleep. Bevo had been the Del Rio Molinars dog until they moved to El Paso and we took him in. He was the most loving and cuddly beagle anyone had ever seen. We adopted him into our family and began the soul-crushing and yet rewarding experience of trying to train him into controlling some of his destructive tendencies. Many of my happiest memories of having a dog came when I returned home from work and found Bevo immensely happy to have me home, circling and running with more energy than 5 normal dogs. I also loved having him sleep beneath me, nuzzling my hand for attention in the morning. Bevo loved us and we loved him.
After we had spent almost two years and over $1000 trying to get Bevo trained, he unfortunately bit John severely on the mouth. I made the painful decision to have him leave the household immediately and my friend and assistant Debbie took him in these last couple of months. Unfortunately much as she loved Bevo, her home and 4 other dogs could not accomodate him so a co-worker with many years experience with dogs took him in and tried to make him a part of her household. Due to some unfortunate experiences the last two days, she had him put down today.
I will forever remember Bevo's soulful eyes and loving nature and will regret forever that things turned out this way. I love Bevo, and I always will. Rest in peace my first boy.
1 comment:
I'm sorry you lost Bevo. It is amazingly hard to lose a pet.
Post a Comment