Home Sweet Home! How wonderful it is to be back home! As Matt had updated earlier, we had a great time in Washington, DC. And John was such a great traveler. Granted we did take care to keep certain aspects of his home routine intact such as eating times and night time routine which includes a nightly bath and his turtle light. Yes, we traveled with a 12"L x 5" W x 3" H turtle night light. John loves to stare at it as he falls asleep. He was not fussy at all during our day (and even our one night) excursions. I never considered myself a "granola mom" but one of the concessions I made was (much to my surprise) to feed him while we were at some exhibits (Constitution and Holocaust museum). Do not worry; I made sure no one got flashed.
John sleeping in his car seat during one
of the many taxi rides around DC.
We used the rain cover as a windbreaker.
It was perfect!
John and Mommy at "Tombs" in the Georgetown area.
The flight to El Paso was not as uneventful as our flights to and from DC. But considering how tired Lari and I were, John held up nicely. Thankfully the plane was small and the engines quite loud. I doubt many heard him cry.... At least that is my hope. (In any case, it was better than our flight back home where John cried incessantly from the moment I stepped in the plane until we actually started flying. Of course, it was also the flight where we had decided not to book an extra seat for John and it was completely full. Amid the nasty loud comments I overhead mainly from women, a wonderful ANGEL took pity and helped me. She made all the difference!)
Matt and Lari on the flight to DC.
John and I sat together.
John flying to DC.
He was wonderful the entire flight!
John and all the grandparents delighted in this visit. John and I spent Tuesday and Wednesday at Grandma Ellen's home in Las Cruces. He immediately recognized her and took full advantage of the extra attention. Grandma Ellen showed John off to her close friends. And John slept for the first time in his father's old room.
John meeting Grandma Ellen's canasta group.
Grandma Ellen helping bathe John.
Grandma Ellen letting friends know John was in town.
John loving on his grandma.
We spent the rest of our time in El Paso meeting the many, many family members that had not yet met John. John met his great grandmother "Bis-Bis" Mali. I pray he will get many more opportunities to visit with her in the future. I loved reconnecting with my aunts, uncles and cousins. John will have so many playmates as he grows up as Bis-Bis has 18 great grandchildren (and one on the way). John also spent time with his grandparents "Bito" Pepe and "Bita" Ruth. My father had not been able to see John since he had been born!
Four Generations!
John smiling while Bita holds him.
John enjoying cuddling with Bita Ruth.
John lounging on Bito Pepe.
To Be Continued....
No comments:
Post a Comment